4 reasons to start doing sports today! You’ve tried to exercise but you keep quitting. You quit because you are…
1. Doing too much too soon – Going from no exercise to 7 days at the gym is bound to leave you exhausted and burned out.
2. Confusion – If you’re not sure how to get started, you may choose random exercises, wondering if you’re even getting a decent workout.
3. Boredom – The treadmill and other machines offer great workouts, but walking or pedaling to nowhere can get old fast. You may wonder: Do I really have to do this every day for the rest of my life?
4. Soreness – Soreness is normal when you’re a beginner, but you should be able to function. If you can’t lift your head off the pillow the next day, you may not be thrilled to workout again.
If you’re tempted to quit, that’s a good sign you need to make some changes to your routine.
1. Work with a trainer – An experienced trainer can turn a lackluster workout into an effective, challenging routine.
2. Mix it up – Try different types of training to keep things interesting, such as circuit training,high intensity interval training or kettlebells.
3. Change Your Workouts – Regularly changing your strength and cardio workouts will keep things interesting and help you avoid plateaus.
4. Avoid skipping your workouts – Ask yourself a few important questions each time you’re tempted to skip your workout.
If you want a coach for your trainings, check out www.functionaltraining.be.