Recipe Honey Ricotta Cheese Cake. The cold winter days make us crave for sweetness. Luckily, there are more and more recipes with honey as a healthy substitute for sugar. Here’s a great recipe from Alia Adi, Founder of Basmaty, the online cooking platform from the Middle East. Today she presents her famous Honey Ricotta Cheese Cake.
- 225 g ground Digestive biscuits
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 225 g ricotta cheese, drained
- 450g cream cheese, room temperature
- 250 ml (1 cup) Langnese Bee Easy Wild Flower Honey
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 4 large eggs
Equipment: 23 cm diameter spring form cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the Digestive biscuits with the melted butter in a bowl. Press the crumb mixture over the bottom (not the sides) of the prepared pan. Bake until the crust is golden, about 15 minutes. Cool the crust completely on a cooling rack.
- Blend the ricotta in a stand mixture with the paddle attachment until smooth. Add the cream cheese and blend well, stopping the mixer occasionally and scraping down the sides of the work bowl.
- Blend in the honey and orange zest. Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until blended.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Bake until the cheesecake is golden and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour and 5 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold).
- Transfer the cake to a rack and cool 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days. Cut the cake into wedges and serve.